Greeting card – Adventurers
“Some of the best escapes are simply mental!”
- Original illustration hand-drawn then digitally finished
- Printed locally in Sligo, Ireland
- Printed on A6 300gsm card stock
- Supplied with a brown kraft-fleck envelope
- Packaged in a protective cellophane sleeve (yeah, I know; you can choose to order this item without it – will you?)
- Blank inside for your own message
- No, you don’t get the pen.
Shipped via standard post. Irish orders should arrive through your letterbox within 2-4 business days (Please refer to average shipping times for orders outside of the Republic of Ireland). Sent in a hard backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in prime condition.
In the original sketch, the fishbowl had wheels.
The setting was high up on a hill in San Francisco. Sitting inside on a side table in a dark sitting room the lads, Fisho, Snapper and Clammy, planned their escape. The old bachelor who owned the place would open the curtains once a year on New Years Eve – that’s the night they’d do it; in the weeks prior they’d have finished the carriage under the tank. When that curtain parted… POW! With enough projection through the window they’d land somewhere out on the main road and then steer downhill toward the sea picking up speed all the way. There I pictured the lads, delirious with excitement, careening down at high-speed, getting airborne at each crossroad… all of a sudden an articulated truck cuts across the intersection, collides with the bowl and carriage atomising the glass and invertebrates therein.
Appalling? Sure. That’s why the final sketch has no carriage beneath. The lads are just hangin’ out and Fisho is just up there thinking, just thinking…